Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd August 2006, 09:01 AM
enriko Offline

Secondary clone monitor (FC5 w/ATI Radeon)

Hi all, I'm running fc5 on a t40 thinkpad and I'm trying to get a secondary external monitor (HP L1925) to just show a copy of the primary (i.e the laptop lcd). I can actually get dualhead to work fine with individual (non-spanning) desktops, but what I want is a way to get both screens to show the same content, although with the right indivual resolutions.

Is there anyone out there with a working xorg.conf for such a set-up?!
Old 22nd August 2006, 10:13 PM
bkat Offline

if you're using the fglrx video drivers, run the following as root

cd /etc/X11
aticonfig --dtop=clone

or run fireglcontrol panel as root and select clone.

I'm having a problem with clone mode with version 8.28.8 of the fglrx drivers on my T60 with ATI X1400 graphics card. Its not allowing each screen to run at different resolutions. Backing off to version 8.27.10 works great though.
Old 23rd August 2006, 10:25 AM
enriko Offline

nope, i'm just using the radeon drivers that my fc5 installation defaulted to. thanks for posting though.

funny thing is, i thought getting clone mode to work properly would be pretty easy since i'm seeing all these posts by people who are trying to get their spanning desktop dualhead stuff to work, complaining that they end up only seeing a replica of the primary screen on their external monitor.. which is exactly what i want.. ahr, the irony

Tags
clone, fc5, monitor, radeon, secondary, w or ati