Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 23rd February 2007, 04:10 PM
phorensic Offline

Upgraded from FC5 to FC6, lost pretty login screen

Well, I upgraded from FC5 to FC6 and I lost the pretty login screen when you come out of screensaver mode or when you VNC into the machine. I did NOT lose the pretty login screen when you first boot the computer, that one is fine, nice helix logo and everything. The secondary login screen now just looks like a plain grey window, no frills, no colors. I want it to look as nice as the default FC5 one!

Where do I start? Any information you need, I will be happy to give it, too much information for me to list at this point.
Old 23rd February 2007, 05:22 PM
itsthescottdog Offline

Use KDE if you want a "pretty" unlock screen. I believe you can manipulate that one. I never paid much attention to how my computer looks since Beryl makes it superior to any other gui in the world.

Last edited by itsthescottdog; 23rd February 2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 23rd February 2007, 05:25 PM
phorensic Offline

No, that login screen works fine. I'm talking about when you move the mouse while you are in the screensaver and it pops up a window to "unlock" your computer like Windows does. Also, it uses this login window when you VNC into the machine. It used to be all colorful, animated, blue FC5 theme, now it's just a plain jane grey box that is completely static.
Old 23rd February 2007, 05:27 PM
itsthescottdog Offline

Yea, I misread your question the first time - I edited my initial response.

Tags
fc5, fc6, login, lost, pretty, screen, upgraded