Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th November 2008, 10:42 PM
MikeyCarter Offline

Question How to PXE Booting a 4G LiveCD?

I have a cobbler server running with network installs of Fedora 7 - 10, CentOS 4 - 5 and Ubuntu series. Ubuntu is the only one I have a successful "try before you buy" scenario. Mostly because their LiveCD has features for doing a nfs mount of the root file system.

I know there is a livecd-iso-to-pxe utility but a 4G disk image is way to big to be loading into memory.

So I figure what I need to do here is build my custom LiveCD then modify the initrd to include options for nfs mounting the root FS. That way it pulls the root FS on-demand.

So my question.... how do I do it? It's taken me 3 days to get this far. Can anyone point me to a HOWTO document which has the lest amount of modifications to fedora?

Tags
booting, livecd, pxe

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On