Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 3rd July 2009, 02:43 PM
leftoflexo Offline

pulse audio proccess/gnome system monitor taskbar applet taking too much cpu resource

i have a 1 day old install of F11 and have always preferred the system monitor applet sitting in a taskbar giving me a feel of the cpu load, ram, swap and system load so i don't have too much running at once and crash or freeze. ive noticed that its been higher than it should be when i have nothing running. when i open the full system monitor window the system monitor applet runs at 17-35% which i think is a bit much.

another problem is the pulse audio process is never below 30%, right now its at 35% and its sleeping.
is there any way i can reduce the footprint of these processes, or if need be switch to another system monitor with a lower footprint?

i have a 1100 mhz amd athalon over clocked to 1500 mhz and havent had this problem with f10 or the install of ubuntu 9 which i just abandoned for the new fedora.

any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Old 3rd July 2009, 02:59 PM
sonoran Offline

If you like a permanent monitor on your desktop, install conky or gkrellm.
For accurate info in a terminal run top.

I don't use the gnome applet, but there is info about it in this thread:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=225488

edit: and welcome to Fedora Forum!

Tags
applet, audio, cpu, monitor, proccess or gnome, pulse, resource, taking, taskbar