Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd January 2011, 06:32 AM
shabakeh Offline

windows_7firefox
asus wireless

hi everyone

I installed fedora 14 32bit on asus n43jf . everything is ok but my wireless didnt work. it shows that has wireless but it grayed and didnt work. what should i do?!! thanks in advance

Last edited by shabakeh; 23rd January 2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 23rd January 2011, 03:57 AM
stoat Offline

linuxdebianiceweasel
Re: asus wireless

I would start at the beginning and try to identify the chipset of the wireless adapter. If it is using the PCI bus, this may show it...
Code:
lspci
If it is using the Universal Serial Bus, this may reveal the PCI-ID number which may be helpful regarding a driver for it...
Code:
lsusb
From that information, you probably can find out what driver or firmware or both that it needs. It that is already installed, then confirm the driver is being loaded...
Code:
lsmod | sort
If it is, then start looking for things that could be disabling the wireless device such as a BIOS setting, a physical on-off switch, a software switch, or rfkill.
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:33 AM
shabakeh Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: asus wireless

thanks for your kind of help . but i didnt know how my wireless corrected. now i connect with my asus wireless.
i checked enable networking , wireless and notification.

Tags
asus, wireless