Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th May 2011, 06:52 PM
Whoops Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Alsa Modules and no sound

I have not touched Unix for 15 years and I am working with Fedora 14 so consider me a novice. No matter what we do, we have no sound. Lenix is the primary system however, Windows 7 can be opened in a window. No sound in either arena. We have configured, make, make install.... How do we move the module so that the kernel will read it? We have several Linux manuals but they seem to imply that you should already have a specific amount of knowledge. Unfortunately, we don't. (Also the command "modprobe" does not work in our environment.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tags
alsa, modules, sound

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On