Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th October 2011, 08:39 PM
manox Offline

linuxfirefox
Citrix ICA client on Fedora 15 64bit

Hi
I'm just trying to install ICA client so I have installed OpenMotif and then ICA client (64bit rpm)
but when I'm opening *.ica file it asks me which application to use but there isn't ICAclient under my /user/lib nor /usr/lib64
Old 30th October 2011, 08:51 PM
RHamel Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Citrix ICA client on Fedora 15 64bit

Is it here:

Code:
/usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica
Old 31st October 2011, 01:24 PM
manox Offline

linuxfirefox

I don't have it there and can't get it to work
Old 12th December 2011, 11:29 AM
HeWhoWatches Offline

linuxfirefox

Here are my instructions for F16 64-bit using Citrix Receiver 12...

As root, you need to install the following dependencies:
Code:
yum install openmotif.i686 libXaw.i686 libXp.i686
I believe you may need the RPMFusion repo enabled for at least one of those though, hopefully that isn't a problem. If you don't have this repo enabled, see: http://rpmfusion.org/

Download the Citrix receiver package (64-bit version) manually from their website:
http://www.citrix.com/English/ss/dow...&c1=ost1349860

When they release a new version, the URL has a tendency to change, so when they release a new version you may need to go to their downloads section and find the latest Citrix Receiver package.

I'm downloading everything to /home/rob/Downloads/System/Install/ in this example, obviously change this to your own download location.

Then, still as root, so:
Code:
yum localinstall /home/rob/Downloads/System/Install/ICAClient-12.0.0-0.x86_64.rpm
This will install the client.

However, when you attempt to use Citrix, you might get a certificate error similar to:
You have not chosen to trust "http://www.valicert.com", the issuer of the server's security certificate (SSL error 61).

To resolve this, you will need to obtain the certificate (in this example, the ValiCert Root Certificate). I found the following website useful:
https://certs.godaddy.com/anonymous/repository.seam

If you can't find the certificate here, try googling for "ssl root certificates <company name>"

So to continue the example, we have downloaded a certificate called valicert_class2_root.crt. This needs to be copied to the correct location. Amend the following example to copy the file:

Code:
cp /home/rob/Downloads/System/Install/valicert_class2_root.crt /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
Please note that in version 11 of the Receiver application, this used to be /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/

Hopefully this should sort out the majority of your issues with getting connected via Citrix. If Firefox prompts you to ask what application to use to open the ICA file with, try pointing it at /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica

Good luck!
Old 7th February 2012, 06:17 PM
chansanle Offline

linuxchrome
Red face Re: Citrix ICA client on Fedora 15 64bit

hi hewhowatches
can u pleas help me,i am stuck here ,while
Quote:
Firefox prompts you to ask what application to use to open the ICA file with, try pointing it at /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica
it is not able to open the ICA file with wfica itself
Old 1st April 2012, 10:26 PM
jonathan47 Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoWatches View Post
If Firefox prompts you to ask what application to use to open the ICA file with, try pointing it at /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica
I'm stuck at this stage. Opening it with wfica did not help. Any suggestions? I'm using F16 64.

I tried installing alsa-lib-1.0.24-2.fc15.i686, as suggested by another post, but got this error:

Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package alsa-lib.i686 0:1.0.24-2.fc15 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Protected multilib versions: alsa-lib-1.0.24-2.fc15.i686 != alsa-lib-1.0.25-1.fc16.x86_64

and this error when changing to F16 file
No package alsa-lib-1.0.24-2.fc16.i686 available.
Old 13th May 2012, 10:58 PM
jonathan47 Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan47 View Post
I'm stuck at this stage. Opening it with wfica did not help. Any suggestions? I'm using F16 64.

I tried installing alsa-lib-1.0.24-2.fc15.i686, as suggested by another post, but got this error:

Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package alsa-lib.i686 0:1.0.24-2.fc15 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Protected multilib versions: alsa-lib-1.0.24-2.fc15.i686 != alsa-lib-1.0.25-1.fc16.x86_64

and this error when changing to F16 file
No package alsa-lib-1.0.24-2.fc16.i686 available.
Solved: I only needed to change the rpm reference to the current version of alsa-lib.i686. With that file installed, the above instructions worked and I successfully logged in.
Old 24th April 2013, 07:23 PM
teancum144 Offline

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan47 View Post
Solved: I only needed to change the rpm reference to the current version of alsa-lib.i686. With that file installed, the above instructions worked and I successfully logged in.
Forgive my ignorance, but how do I do this?
Old 8th February 2012, 03:36 PM
kkshethin Offline

linuxfirefox

look at my thread http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=276172
Old 30th March 2013, 07:33 PM
mtcstle Offline

linuxchrome

I have ICA12.1 installed on Fedora 17. It starts up fine, now I've installed the required libraries, detailed elsewhere in this thread. When I try to access my site, I get the infamous, "you have not chosen to accept ..." message. I've tried to add the cert to /opt/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts but I'm missing part of the puzzle. Now I see, "The remote SSL peer sent a Close Notify alert (SSL error 43)". Google reveals only answers relating to mis-configured STA servers. i'm accessing the site through a Citrix NetScaler. My phone connects without error. What else could error 43 indicate? Is the entire process of adding an arbitrary cert to the ICA client documented? - Thanks for reading, mtcstle

Tags
64bit, citrix, client, fedora, ica