Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd November 2011, 06:03 PM
lidcs Offline

linuxchrome
How compile grub.efi from GRUB Legacy

Hi, Forum:

I downloaded grub-0.97-75.fc16.src.rpm. It has the original grub-0.97 tree and three patch files. From inside the
grub-0.97/, I did a patch:

patch -p1 < ../grub-fedora-16.patch

And did the similar patches using two other patch files.

Not sure if this worked as the changelot was patched but didn't reflect any updates since 2005.

Anyways. now I 'd like to compile a new grub.efi for diskless boot (pxeboot). But the the INSTALL file doesn't say anything about how to build grub.efi. I searched the web and didn't find this information either.

Anyone has any idea?

Tags
compile, grub, grubefi, legacy

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On