Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th March 2012, 09:43 PM
NFSGamer Offline

windows_xp_2003chrome
Exclamation Fedora ISO on Multiboot DVD

Hey guys,
I'm new posting here so sorry if I've got the wrong forum to be posting this question, but could anyone give me some advice as to how to boot the Fedora 16 Live CD iso from Grub4DOS? I'm trying to compile a Multiboot DVD (which currently boots Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Slax). So far, I've managed to get Grub4DOS to boot the kernel and load the initial RAM drive using these commands:
Code:
find --set-root /isos/Fedora-16-i686-Live-Desktop.iso
map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /isos/Fedora-16-i686-Live-Desktop.iso (0xff)
map --hook
root (0xff)
kernel /isolinux/vmlinuz0 root=live:/isos-Fedora-16-i686-Live-Desktop.iso rootfstype=auto ro liveimg rhgb rd.luks=0 rd.md=0 rd.dm=0
initrd /isolinux/initrd0.img
boot
This boots until I get a screen with the following text:
Code:
/isos/Fedora-16-i686-Live-Desktop.iso: No such file or directory

dracut Warning: No root device "liveiso:/isos/Fedora-16-i686-Live-Desktop.iso" found

Dropping to debug shell.

sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
dracut:/#
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
NFSGamer
Old 26th March 2012, 07:35 PM
NFSGamer Offline

windows_xp_2003chrome
Re: Fedora ISO on Multiboot DVD

Never mind, I managed to figure a solution. For those who are interested though, I'll share my method here.
I extracted the LiveOS directory from the ISO, put the vmlinuz0 and initrd0.img files in there, renamed the directory to Fedora and put it in the root of my DVD. I then used the following Grub4DOS entry:

Code:
title Fedora 16 i686
kernel /Fedora/vmlinuz0 root=live:CDLABEL=CDROM livedir=/Fedora rootfstype=auto ro liveimg rhgb rd.luks=0 rd.md=0 rd.dm=0
initrd /Fedora/initrd0.img
boot
If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll be happy to run through the entire method of making the multiboot DVD

NFSGamer

Tags
dvd, fedora, iso, multiboot