Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th June 2012, 02:46 PM
Carrot Cruncher Offline

linuxfirefox
infrared keyboard not working on minimal installation

hi. i have a wireless (logitech) and an infrared (microsoft) keyboard. i have a server that has been built based on a minimal installation of fc17. for this build only the wireless keyboard will work. if i boot the server to a fc17 live usb stick, whether it is multi user or single user mode, both the infrared and wireless keyboard work. this would suggest that my minimal installation is missing something that is preventing the infrared keyboard from working. to save me going through all the packages to determine which it could be, does anyone know which package is enabling support for the infrared keyboard ? cheers.
Old 28th June 2012, 03:04 PM
Colors Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: infrared keyboard not working on minimal installation

It could be irda-utils...
Old 2nd July 2012, 09:18 PM
Carrot Cruncher Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: infrared keyboard not working on minimal installation

turns out it was nothing to do with a the minimal installation. problem was caused by the v4l-utils packaged which i'd forgotten i'd installed. uninstalling the package gets the infrared keyboard working again. only trouble is that i use the ir-keytable command (which is part of this package) to map some infrared remote control keys. i'm guessing the keyboard keys aren't in the table and i need to add them. unfortunately, none of them are recognised when i run ir-keytable -t. more investigation required on my part.

Last edited by Carrot Cruncher; 2nd July 2012 at 09:54 PM.

Tags
infrared, installation, keyboard, minimal, working