<---- template headericclude ----->
RPM package conflicts
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    aretwodeetwo Guest

RPM package conflicts

I'm trying to update FC3 using the Redhat Update Agent and I have encountered a package conflict error. My question is since the package conflict involves Akregator a program I use often and don't want to mess up how can I get around it while still upating kdepim (the other conflicting package) ?

Below is the error I get from RUA:
    Test install failed because of package conflicts:
    file /usr/bin/akregator from install of kdepim-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts with file from package akregator-1.0.2-1
    file /usr/lib/kde3/libakregatorpart.la from install of kdepim-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts with file from package
    akregator-1.0.2-1
    file /usr/lib/kde3/libakregatorpart.so from install of kdepim-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts with file from package
    akregator-1.0.2-1
    file /usr/lib/libakregatorprivate.so from install of kdepim-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts with file from package
    akregator-1.0.2-1
    file /usr/share/applnk/Internet/akregator.desktop from install of kdepim-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts with
    file from package akregator-1.0.2-1
    file /usr/share/apps/akregator/eventsrc from install of kdepim-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts with file from
    package akregator-1.0.2-1
    file /usr/share/config.kcfg/akregator.kcfg from install of kdepim-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts with file from
    package akregator-1.0.2-1
    file /usr/share/services/akregator_part.desktop from install of kdepim-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts with file
    from package akregator-1.0.2-1
    file /usr/lib/kde3/libakregatorkonqfeedicon.la from install of kdeaddons-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts with
    file /usr/lib/kde3/libakregatorkonqfeedicon.so from install of kdeaddons-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts with
    file /usr/lib/kde3/libakregatorkonqplugin.la from install of kdeaddons-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts with file
    file /usr/lib/kde3/libakregatorkonqplugin.so from install of kdeaddons-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts with file
    file /usr/share/apps/khtml/kpartplugins/akregator_konqfeedicon.desktop from install of kdeaddons-3.4.2-0.fc3.1
    conflicts with file from package akregator-1.0.2-1
    file /usr/share/services/akregator_konqplugin.desktop from install of kdeaddons-3.4.2-0.fc3.1 conflicts
    with file from package akregator-1.0.2-1

Any help finding a way around this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    r2

Jman Guest
    Apparently akregator is a part of kdepim. So just remove it. Using yum, run the command
    Code:
    yum remove akregator

aretwodeetwo Guest
    Thats the problem though I neeed akregator and as far as I know it is not included with the KDE packages. If I could just remove it there would be no problem.

-r2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akregator is included in the kdepim 3.4.2 packages. That's why you are getting a conflict that prevents the update. Remove the separate akregator package and update to KDE 3.4.2.