Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Servers & Networking
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Servers & Networking Discuss any Fedora server problems and Networking issues such as dhcp, IP numbers, wlan, modems, etc.

Old 5th May 2008, 01:39 AM
vodamaxe Offline

workaround found after laptop does not connect anymore to WPA2 after regular update

Hi.

Just to report it:

I am updating my system regulary with 'yum update'.
I also did that at end of March 2008 and after that 'successful' update I was not longer able to connect to my WPA2 protected WLAN at home.
(No changes at the WLAN\access point configuration at all).

I had to uninstall wlassistant and wpa_supplicant (1:05.10-4.fc8), to disable the update repository (to reinstall the original versions) und to reinstall wlassistant and wpa_supplicant (1:05.7-15.fc8) to have the WLAN connectivity work again.

Hardware: Fujirsu siemens laptop amilo Si1520
WLAN card: wla9 Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

cheers.

Tags
anymore, connect, laptop, regular, update, workaround, wpa2

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search