Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 2nd July 2008, 05:35 AM
winterequinox Offline

Parser Configure Error with me-tv, want to record dvb

I have a digital video broadcast PCI card, the pcHDTV HD-3000. I live in the US which uses ATSC for broadcasts and, with Fedora 9, I can watch live broadcasts with xine. But, I'd also like to record. I tried downloading vdr, but after the downloader said it was downloaded, it wasn't there, at least not in my $PATH. (I could do 'man vdr' and find something, that's the only way I knew something had been downloaded.) I'm not sure it would have been for me anyway, I don't see that it takes ATSC.

Anyway, on ubuntu, I had gotten a thing called me-tv to work. (Ubuntu has other problems, dvb was working on hardy heron until I did an update. Now that's broken. Not the first time this fickle ability, to record , not just watch, has been achieved, then snatched away.)

OK, so I don't find me-tv in any fedora repositories. I go to the site and get the tarball and do a ./configure and get checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for initltool. Googling, this kind of problem happens a lot, and has been for a long time. Specifically, I did perl -e "require XML::Parser" and got Can't locate XML/Parser.pm in @INC...

Does anybody understand this?

Of course, my goal is just to be able to record digital ATSC broadcasts, preferably with timing. If I could get azap to work in fedora, I might be able to record with mplayer, but it doesn't seem to be in the repositories (or maybe I couldn't. It's another thing that used to work on other distros and then mplayer got updated and the ability went away there also). Even if azap worked though, it doesn't have timing, except I could cobble something crude with cron. I suppose I could try mythtv, but that seems like overkill to me.

So, any suggestions on how to get me-tv or something similar to work in fedora 9, 64 bit would be much appreciated.
Old 6th July 2008, 12:06 AM
winterequinox Offline

Did anybody even see this post? Maybe I'm just not familiar with the interface for this forum, but I thought it hadn't even 'taken' because I never saw it when logging in. Finally I did an advanced search for posts by winterequinox (ie myself) and then I finally found it.

Tags
configure, dvb, error, metv, parser, record