Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd September 2008, 08:06 PM
quantumburnz Offline

Question uniXM - phonon backend plugin could not be loaded

Hi, I'm trying to get the program uniXM working so I can listen to XM radio in FC9. It uses QT 4.4 and phonon. I noticed a package has been released for QT 4.4.1 so I installed:
Qt toolkit (qt-1:4.4.1-2.fc9)
The shared library for the Qt 3 GUI toolkit
Development files for the Qt toolkit
Qt GUI-related libraries

I also installed the following for phonon:
Multimedia framework api (phonon-4.2.0.4.fc9)
Gstreamer phone backend
Xine phonon backend
Developer files for phonon

I realize this is probably a lot more than I need installed but I installed more as I was trying to get it to work... Anyway, I was able to compile and install uniXM but I get the following when I try to listen to something.

Code:
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded 
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded 
Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject(no objectName) to Phonon::AudioOutput(no objectName).
I found a bug report on the Arch Linux Bugs site that recommended creating a symbolic link to the phonon backend so I tried what it said but I still get the same warnings when trying to listen to a XM station. After creating symbolic links, I have the phonon backend located in the following three places:

Code:
/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/phonon_backend
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/plugins/phonon_backend
/usr/lib/qt4/plugins/phonon_backend
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 24th September 2008, 06:42 PM
quantumburnz Offline

Well, it seems as though the symbolic links may have helped. I don't know if I had to reboot first or what, but now when I try to run the program, the only problem I'm having is the following output and I still have no sound...

Code:
virtual bool Phonon::Gstreamer::AudioOutput::setOutputDevice(const Phonon::AudioOutputDevice&) "default"
Any suggestions would still be appreciated.

Tags
backend, loaded, phonon, plugin, unixm