Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th October 2008, 04:15 AM
TheMadIndian Offline

preupgrade f8 to f9

I ran the preupgrade on my laptop and it gave me an error message there wasnt enough room for stage2.img but would download later this was after it had downloaded all other packages over the wireless connection. I plugged into my lan so it could download stage2 and continue the installation after reboot and all appeared to go well. Upon rebooting after the installation completed my grub menu defaulted to my F8 install and had an entry for upgrade to f9 this being the third time I've done an upgrade to f9 this way I though it strange and reran the upgrade which didnt do anything this time and I was greeted with the same menu. I booted to runlevel 1 under the f8 option and was greated with the prompt and Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) rpm -qa | grep fc9 reveals many packages but there is not system.map or config or initrd or vmlinuz file for fc9 nor is there anything under /lib/modules for fc9

there is no kernel for f9 installed, if I do yum install kernel it does attempt to download the f9 kernel but says the current f8 one is newer

I have a tftp server with the f9 iso but that completes immediately and I am no better off. What can I do at this point without losing data or my configuration?

Tags
preupgrade