Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 27th October 2008, 11:36 AM
mcgd Offline

Buggy behaviour of gnome window list when panel oriented left

Hi,

I recently got a wide-screen monitor, and decided to move my main Gnome panel from the bottom to the left-hand side of the screen. However now the window list applet is behaving very strangely.

When I move the mouse over applications and back onto the desktop, the list splits into two columns and then goes back to one column. If I go to the list and try and click on an application, the list alternates between one and two columns very quickly, so that I often can't click on what I want. I have two monitors - not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Can anyone tell me how to get it working properly? Having the panel oriented on the left would seem like a fairly basic thing to be so buggy.

Thanks
Old 6th November 2008, 05:57 PM
carlz Offline

Taskbar on Left-Hand side of window oddities

Has anyone figured out a decent workaround?

I wouldn't mind if the taskbar could hold more items but the weirdness starts when the taskbar is half full.

Carl
Old 6th November 2008, 06:35 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

HI Carl.

Dunno about a work-around, but before you work on it much, go to your home directory, display hidden directories, and make backup copies of your .gconf and .gconfd directories. The Gnome Panel can and probably will crash if you play with it too much, and it will tend to take out those two directories, leaving you to start over from scratch. Better to save some time and effort by getting snapshot backups before it borks. <....>

Tags
behaviour, buggy, gnome, left, list, oriented, panel, window