Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th June 2009, 08:40 PM
havinfun2000 Offline

Liveuser Password?

What is the Liveuser password? I cannot get past this. It is not liveuser or password. The live CD will not boot past this.
Old 10th June 2009, 08:47 PM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

Greetings, havinfun2000:

And Welcome to the forum.

The thread title has been edited so that it more closely reflects the question that you have asked: other users will be better informed as to the nature of your question.

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

FedoraForum.org Guidelines

Fedora 11, I presume? Try no password at all (blank). Is there not a timer that automatically logs you into a desktop after 60 seconds or so, if you do nothing??

V
Old 10th June 2009, 09:12 PM
havinfun2000 Offline

Liveuser password

Yes, it is Fedora 11. The first thing I tried was no password (blank). I have left it for 5 minutes and it does not resume loading. I have running on 3 seperate CD Rom drives and it does the same with each one
Old 10th June 2009, 11:37 PM
butchie Offline

I have exactly the same problem with the Fedora 11 live kde version.
Old 10th June 2009, 11:43 PM
ryptyde Online

I have installed the F11 livecd to a usb device and it gets to the auto login in less than a minute. Have you tried it on a different computer? I used the F11-i686 Live.iso if that makes any difference.
Old 11th June 2009, 04:34 AM
CiaW Offline

I'm getting this from the F7 Bible that I purchased a few weeks back (not realizing then that 2 years old is a long time in Fedora-land...and I couldn't get online to research) which contains a live cd and it says at the login screen, to type either

fedora or root and press enter. No password is required.

Hopefully it's the same for F11 !?
Old 11th June 2009, 04:45 AM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

Perhaps the username is entered incorrectly, or you changed it? On F8 Live CD, username is blank, password is blank, and log-in is automatic after 60 seconds if you do nothing; simply hitting <ENTER> key with no username nor password logs into desktop.

I seem to recall a very similar question coming up before, a while back, on another Live spin, but can't find it now....

V

P.S. @OP: please post exact flavor of live CD/DVD.
Old 11th June 2009, 05:29 AM
havinfun2000 Offline

Liveuser password

I downloaded the Fedora 11 I686 Live KDE4 iso
and burned it to CD. When I put the CD in, I let it load and do not enter anything. At that point there is nothing to enter yet. After a few minutes of loading it comes to a login screen with liveuser as the user and a space for the password. I have tried fedora, root, toor also tried the escape key, and all the function keys but nothing gets it past this. I have tried deleting liveuser, leaving the user space blank and pressing enter, it just says login failed.
Old 11th June 2009, 06:21 AM
CiaW Offline

My idea (not having tried it) would be, if it already has 'liveuser' in the user name field, leave that there and then just press enter and leave the password field blank. Not even a space in that field.

If that doesn't work, try fedora -or- root as the user name, again leave the password field blank. I suspect it should work... I did boot to the Ubuntu live dvd a few days ago, used root as the user name and left the password field blank and that worked.

Hope that solves it??!

Tags
liveuser, password