Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:46 PM
jimb417 Offline

Gyachi problem on Fedora 11 x86-64

I'm having problems with Gyachi 1.1.71. I've downloaded all the plugins and installed them. I can't get messages to send. the recipient can see that I'm typing but they can't see the message. I can see messages sent to me however. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix this? Thanks for any help.

Jim
Old 23rd June 2009, 05:51 PM
keithwright Offline

Gyachi problem also on Fedora 11 x86

I'm having the same problem with Gyachi on Fedora 11 on i586. The remote user sees that I am typing but can not see what I typed, while I am able to see what they typed. My work around is to use webmessenger.yahoo.com for now. However, I really prefer to use Gyachi, so does anyone know of a fix?
Old 23rd June 2009, 06:03 PM
leigh123linux

File a bug report.
Old 1st July 2009, 04:02 AM
kambing Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb417 View Post
I'm having problems with Gyachi 1.1.71. I've downloaded all the plugins and installed them. I can't get messages to send. the recipient can see that I'm typing but they can't see the message. I can see messages sent to me however. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix this? Thanks for any help.

Jim
i got the same problem with you but i try it by change the server to cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com

goodluck
Old 2nd July 2009, 08:30 AM
jimb417 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kambing View Post
i got the same problem with you but i try it by change the server to cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com

goodluck
Thanks, I made that change and it works but now I can't get into the chat rooms. It's not a big deal though as long as I can IM with people.

Tags
fedora, gyachi, problem, x8664