Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th August 2009, 04:39 PM
daytooner Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
cx88 analog capture problems

I have been fighting with this for quite awhile now - and have posted previously about this as well. But I am still getting nowhere.

I have a Pinnacle PCTV Pro capture card, that has a Conexant chip. V4L registers the video device, but no audio device.

I can run tvtime and xawtv, and get (analog) video, but no audio. This is with both the coax tv tuner input and the S-Video input. When I try to run VLC I get the error main input error: demux doesn't like DEMUX_GET_TIME continuously.

I have read that this chip sends the captured analog audio via DMA, but I don't know if the V4L driver handles that.

I have tried various utilities (alsamixer, arecord/aplay, paman) to try to make this work, or at least find out what is happening, but still no luck - just a lot of confusion.

PLEASE! Anyone with any knowledge (or pointers to knowledge) of this PLEASE help.

TIA

ken

Tags
audio, v4l2