Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:37 PM
raflexras Offline

windows_xp_2003ie
Talking Root Login on GDM & KDM

Hello guys. I notice that by default KDM lets you login as root, yet on GDM is disable.
How can I enable GDM to let me login as root, and how to I disable the feature on KDM?
Old 2nd October 2009, 02:06 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
windows_vistafirefox
Let's see...this might make the 1001th. time that 'root login' information's been requested. In fact, there's a guide to it in the Guides Forum and plenty of other threads, so I'll let you use the Search button up top to find them.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
Old 2nd October 2009, 03:02 PM
JN4OldSchool Offline
"Sean The Terrible" -- The forum(er) Vista® rep

windows_vistafirefox
You forgot to close the thread Bob! Now trolls like me can come along and ask the OP why he needs to log in as root? You dont need to log in as root, why not learn the right ways to do things? Then someone will reply back that it is their God...no...Deity...no...Darwin...no...whatever given rights to log in as root. It is unlawful that fedora took this away. Then someone else will respond that the right still exists but you have to jump through thirty three hoops and shave a poodle to get there...Then someone will respond to that...well...You know because you have seen it in the other 1001 threads that are accessible with the search term "root login."

Gee raflexras, bet you never bargained for these answers! It is just a touchy subject. Your answer is easily found and easily implemented.
Old 2nd October 2009, 03:05 PM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

linuxopera
<YAWN> Closed.

V
Closed Thread

Tags
gdm, kdm, login, root