Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st April 2010, 04:29 PM
Geburah Offline

linuxsafari
F12 full crash possibly from dhclient

Hi there!

I got a full system crash each time I try to do anything with network.
Been fighting with this problem for weeks now.
What I did:
-tried every driver for broadcom4312 and it turned out that it even crashes with cable net

-got rid of networkmanager
(
Mar 11 08:01:43 geburah NetworkManager: <info> Activation (eth1) successful, device activated.
Mar 11 08:01:43 geburah NetworkManager: <info> Activation (eth1) Stage 5 of 5 (IP Configure Commit) complete.
)
-used:
ifconfig eth1 up
iwconfig eth1 essid default
dhclient eth1

And it crashes absolutely randomly when networking.

(
Apr 1 17:08:44 geburah dhclient[2267]: bound to 192.168.2.103 -- renewal in 448788725 seconds.
)

(
) := last words in /var/log/messages

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Geburah; 1st April 2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 1st April 2010, 06:49 PM
tsorvoja Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: F12 full crash possibly from dhclient

That should not crash your PC. Sounds more like hardware issue or corrupted install. Therefore I suggest to check following:
1. Create a LiveCD or preferrably a LiveUSB (check integrity) and try to use that with networking. This should rule out corrupt install issue.
2. If crash occurs. Try other distro with Livemedia.
3. If this crash occurs still then this might be hw issue. Check memory with diagnostic tools coming e.g. in Fedora Live image.
Old 2nd April 2010, 09:44 AM
Geburah Offline

linuxsafari
Re: F12 full crash possibly from dhclient

1. openfwwf doesn't support my wlan card so Fedora networking is not available out-of-the-box.
3. Did that too. Everything's ok. I even used the diagnostics from bios (dell built-in stuff).

2. That's what I'm afraid of. My laptop came with a default ubuntu and it seems to work but I'd rather have a Fedora on it.

Tags
crash, dhclient, f12, possibly