Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th June 2009, 06:39 AM
Alejandro Nova Offline

@Big Red: Hey, I had the same damn failure. But, luckily, I had a technician near with a BGA rework engine and a spare southbridge. Cost? $150. Not so much to keep me going (only to discover that HP indeed used B-rated southbridge chips: the spare southbridge they soldered into my motherboard is ~10° cooler than HP's in all burn-in tests)

Can anybody help us with an inclusion of a lovely evtouch package into Leonidas? It would be immensely greeted here.

Last edited by Alejandro Nova; 24th June 2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 24th June 2009, 01:32 PM
big red Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
@Big Red: Hey, I had the same damn failure. But, luckily, I had a technician near with a BGA rework engine and a spare southbridge. Cost? $150. Not so much to keep me going (only to discover that HP indeed used B-rated southbridge chips: the spare southbridge they soldered into my motherboard is ~10° cooler than HP's in all burn-in tests)
Thanks for the heads-up. I've still got this thing sitting around doing nothing. I had given up hope and assumed the worst, but I'm going to look around for a good tech in my city and see what can be done.

Last edited by big red; 24th June 2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 24th December 2009, 02:48 PM
Alejandro Nova Offline

linuxfedorakonqueror
We are at Constantine now.

Still no evtouch.

Still no support for eGalax touchscreens (yes, I know I can e-mail EETI and get a PROPRIETARY driver, but I thought the Fedora code of conduct and other things like that compelled us to promote FREE AS IN FREEDOM drivers) And Constantine touts its marvelous support for touchscreens (well, as long as they have Wacom digitizers).

What a shame.
Old 6th May 2010, 12:23 PM
championswimmer Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: Install Experience needed to install Fedora 7 on HP tx1000 series laptop

INSTALLING FEDORA 12 on HP tx1000 laptop (touchscreen + fingerprint)

 Good news galore :: WLAN, Modem and fingerprint works out of the box. And behold, behold... there is a proper GUI Process with instructions on usage of fingerprint during to login and fingerprints can be enrolled through GUI in Account information..... so that leaves us with only Touchsscreen)

1. Install Fedora
2. Install NVIDIA if u want and run nvidia-xconfig with root priviledge ifu really want 3d graphics. I would advice not to take this step if not 3d required as nvidia usually breaks xorg 1.7.x
3. Open terminal, take root priviledge, enter command “init 3” to go to command line
4. In CLI enter Xorg –configure to create xorg.conf file
5. Download eGalaxDriver from website http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eGalax...inuxDriver.htm
(download for kernel 2.6.xx)
6. Extract tarball and run setup.sh from terminal with sudo
7. Restart Computer and run (with Alt+F2) “eGalaxTouch” (without quotes and linux is case sensitive)
8. Configure your touchscreen
9. Open xorg.conf with following command

sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
10. Under Section “Device” add the following line

Option “RandRRotation” “True”

11. Create two launchers on your gnome panel with following commands:-

xrandr –o 1 (for tablet mode) P.S. u can set it “3” as well if u want opposite rotation)
xrandr –o 0 (for Laptop mode)

12. Install Cellwriter from synaptic
13. Install xournal from synaptic

Tags
experience, fedora, install, laptop, needed, series, tx1000