Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th April 2010, 01:33 PM
jonathonp Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Windows7 and F12 dual boot problems - can't access Windows

Glad u got it working.
"That gag looks interesting but the link shows a .zip file so I'm a little fuzzy ( I suspect ur seeing a pattern here) is that a win prog or can it be run in linux?"

You unzip the file and burn the 'cdrom.iso' file to disc using brasero, k3b etc. Then reboot and hit f12 (if u motherboard supports this option) to boot from the cd/dvd drive. You don't have to install gag to try it. Follow the prompts.

Last edited by jonathonp; 12th April 2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 14th May 2010, 03:46 PM
LHLTVD Offline

windows_7maxthon

I'm having a similar problem, grub identifies Windows 7 but it won't load, it just reloads the grub menu when you attempt to boot into Win7.
Old 14th May 2010, 05:06 PM
jonathonp Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

I had some problems with GAG boot loader just recently. It seems to be buggy. I'm using BootIt™ Next Generation now as it seems stable. Anybody else used it before?
Old 14th May 2010, 09:32 PM
stoat Offline

windows_xp_2003ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHLTVD

I'm having a similar problem, grub identifies Windows 7 but it won't load, it just reloads the grub menu when you attempt to boot into Win7.
Hello LHLTVD,

Probably the most useful thing you can do when you request help for a problem like that is to boot into Fedora, open a terminal, run the following commands, and return here to paste the results into your next post...
Code:
su
fdisk -l
cat /boot/grub/grub.conf
GRUB is known to be capable of booting Windows 7 as this thread already has proved again. But sometimes tweaks to the grub.conf file are needed to make GRUB boot Windows as this thread also already has proved again.

Last edited by stoat; 14th May 2010 at 09:34 PM.

Tags
access, boot, dual, f12, problems, windows, windows7