Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Security and Privacy
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Security and Privacy Sadly, malware, spyware, hackers and privacy threats abound in today's world. Let's be paranoid and secure our penguins, and slam the doors on privacy exploits.

Old 3rd June 2010, 11:17 PM
simonphoenix Offline

windows_xp_2003ie
Security Spin - Pen through SMB

I've searched high and low on the net but I cant find an answer worth reading.

Using SMB to access a windows machine through port 139/445 is great, but how can this be used to exploit the system?

I know this is gonna get flamed for the nature of hacking, but i'm trying to pen my own windows box with my sec spin of fedora (tried backtrack but didnt like the feel of it, so got the GNOME-security spin)

I'm trying to find a way to open up c$ without sitting at my win box and sharing it.

Any help appreciated. I'm hoping to do this within 12 hours as i'm heading outta town.
Old 13th June 2010, 03:15 AM
theish Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: Security Spin - Pen through SMB

I don't think you can open up that filesystem without sharing it. You might need to get a shell first.

Tags
pen, security, smb, spin