Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 19th June 2010, 07:36 PM
dave- Offline

windows_xp_2003safari
unable to ftp a user account on a EC2 instance of fc12

I am able to ftp the root of my EC2 instance of fc12 with a private key. However, I am unable to ftp a user account on a EC2 instance of fc12.

I do not know what commands were given to fc12 to create an AMI that uses a private key instead of a password. As root administrator I like it. However, I am trying to set up users in such a way that Windows users using "My Network Places" can access my EC2 instance of fc12.

I have created accounts for my users and set a password for each of them (useradd). The problem is that I am unable to ftp the fc12 server with the user name and password. The error message the client gets when it tries to do so says there is no supported authentication method available.

I presume I must somehow change server security or something to allow access to users with passwords but I do not know how to do this. Can anyone help me? TIA.
Old 20th June 2010, 12:41 PM
assen Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: unable to ftp a user account on a EC2 instance of fc12

Hi,

You're probably right about the server config, First thing to figure out is which FTP server is running. If you ftp to it via command line, the greeting it may give you software name and version. In Fedora repo I see at least three different FTP servers (proftpd, vsftp, pureftpd), don't know which is the "default".

WWell,

Tags
account, ec2, fc12, ftp, instance, unable, user