Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora Resources > Guides & Solutions (No Questions)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Guides & Solutions (No Questions) Post your guides here (No links to Blogs accepted). You can also append your comments/questions to a guide, but don't start a new thread to ask a question. Use another forum for that.

Old 4th March 2010, 09:48 AM
Demz

windows_7firefox
im not 100% sure but i think the wireless issue is a kernel matter not a PackageKit issue though i could well be wrong
Old 4th March 2010, 10:00 AM
leigh123linux

linuxfedorafirefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiana View Post
Hi everyone.
I've had the the same issue with PackageKit and got it updated with yum. The thing is, after the update I've started having a fair amount of issues, particularly connectivity issue. Right after the yum update and reboot, fedora couldn't find my wireless (I use an Atheros ar2413), Empathy kept giving network errors and so on. Since there was nothing to lose and I really needed my wireless to work, I decided to just reinstall fedora. Right now I'm on my fedora's first load.
I've just installed Fedora 12 a couple of days ago and I'm a newbie Linux user. The update was done on fedora's fist load.
I must say this is quite frustrating. And frankly, a fresh install should not be giving these kinds of error on the very first update.
I'm afraid this problem should be tackled further. The yum thing seems a bit of a workaround the issue - and I believe many new Linux users who are still afraid of the whole cryptic typing sort of thing myself included!) may be scared away by this sort of thing.

That being said, I guess I'd still have had the same connectivity problems should PackageKit worked properly.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. What's your take on the whole thing?

That would probably work better with a 2.6.32 kernel

Code:
su
yum --enablerepo=u*g kernel

If the new kernel doesn't work properly you could still use the old kernel.
Old 21st June 2010, 06:24 AM
chris53 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Beer vs Windows or Why Doesn't PackageKit seem to work properly?

I have to agree, My install is a new fc13x64 and I have the updater issues too. I follow the threads and try the fixes and haven't had solution yet. I'm not afraid to use the terminal, I do a lot of copy and paste though from the posts here on fixes. I was using suse for a while, but I like fedora much better. I just want it to work so I can use my puter and learn more about linux, besides the updater issue.
Old 22nd June 2010, 08:25 PM
AdamW Offline
Fedora QA Community Monkey

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Beer vs Windows or Why Doesn't PackageKit seem to work properly?

F13 is not affected by the bug discussed in this thread, your issue is something different. At a wild guess it may be the nss-softokn issue - http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=245886 . If not, please start a new thread. thanks!
http://www.happyassassin.net

Tags
beer, packagekit, properly, windows, work