Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th August 2010, 06:58 AM
987my Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Problem with Grub for other distro, set time and date

Hello, I'm totally new to fedora but not Linux (uses Ubuntu). Here's my problem after installing:
  1. I've just installed Fedora 13 on my computer for the very first time which before this has Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows XP already installed. I installed the fedora 13 boot loader during the installation and I noticed that it replaced the Ubuntu version. It works fine for Fedora and Windows but not for Ubuntu. Ubuntu is not listed in the boot menu. I try to run update-grub, but there's no such command! What is the command to do the same job as update-grub in F13?
  2. During the installation I did not choose get time and date from network. Now I had to manually change the time and date to fit my current location. Is there any way I can change my settings so that the time follows time and date on some server or something?

Thanks in advance.

Tags
date, distro, grub, problem, set, time