Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd August 2010, 04:26 AM
bullitt45 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Network a canon ip3500 with windows 7

Hello. I have used Linux before in one flavor or another. So far I like Fedora 13. Here is my problem. I have two desktop computers. One is Windows 7 the other is Fedora 13. The canon printer is connecte3d by USB to the Windows 7 machine. Both machines are going thru a switch then the router as other devices are also using the router and the switch. when I try to connect to the windows 7 machine it says something about a port 631 may be closed. I checked and the port is open. I have samba installed and have tied everything I can think of. Any help would and will be appreciated. I hope this is them right forum for this post. If it is'nt, then direct me to the right one. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM CDT ----------

Never mind this post. I figured it out. Everything was being recognized with the network address but would not print. I decided tom look at the firewall. I scrolled down and found that samba was not marked as trusted. I checked both boxes, reloaded the current configuration and sent a test page to the printer. It now works perfectly.
Old 22nd August 2010, 05:47 AM
GoinEasy9 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Network a canon ip3500 with windows 7

Welcome to the forum. I especially liked how you asked and answered your first question all in your first post. Glad we could help.
Registered Linux User #348347
Have you been seduced by siduction? http://siduction.org/index.php
Running Fedora 17/18/19, siduction and openSUSE Tumbleweed with KDE

Tags
canon, ip3500, network, windows