Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st September 2010, 09:44 PM
mshmsh Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Amarok: How to update a playlist and similar.

I am running amarok 2.3.1 on KDE 4.4 (Fedora 13).

How do I update a playlist. with more songs. My use case is:
I have a playlist with a few songs. it is playing fine.
I go to the Media Sources Panel -> Local Music -> Local COllection and find more songs and drag/drop these to the playList panel. Now how do I update the existing playlist. If I click on the save button/icon at the bottom, it just creates a new playlist with the current time as its name. Rather silly. How to fix? It seems the playlist panel really does not have any context of the current playlist I am in. Is it true, that the panel is rather dumb/lightweight/generic?

Also I created a new Playlist layout (no grouping). Is there a way to get vertical lines between the columns as well as the name of the columns (Title, Location, Length etc) at the top

If i double-click on a playlist, it appends the contents of that playlist to the current list of songs. Is there a way to make amarok replace the current list with this new playlist (instead of append)
Thanks

Tags
amarok, multimedia, usability