Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th September 2010, 06:44 PM
fedcb22 Offline

linuxopera
Re: Alienware M11X Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdrow View Post
Here's the latest.. I discovered that in fact there are ACPI Methods for control of the GPUs, however, they are not in the main DSDT table. I posted a dump of the SSDT table for the NVidia rom here:

Hybrid Graphics Linux mailing list

It's gonna take someone who knows Linux and ACPI better than I to integrate support for the R2. But, I think I'm barkin' up the right tree.

I believe that vga_switcherroo would work for us if the method were defined in the main DSDT. If someone updated the code to look in the SSDT, maybe it would work?

Beyond my skill level or time to learn the skill at this point. But.. as I get time I continue to tinker
I'm wondering if you've seen the post at http://linux-hybrid-graphics.blogspo...sus-u43jc.html

It looks like we may have a similar "problem" with the line
Code:
If (LEqual (\_SB.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP.OMPR, 0x03))
Although I'm not entirely sure. Busy recompiling my kernel with ACPI debug support, and hopefully messing about with the SSDT will yield some results

Tags
alienware, m11x, thread