Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th November 2010, 04:03 PM
gabead Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Intel HDA Sound Card on Fedora 14

First, hello as I am somewhat new to Linux in general/ Playing around with it off and on but recently decided to venture into it more than I have had in the past. I have installed several distros and decided to hang with Fedora. I need someone who can take me step by step in real simple language that I can understand so I won't get lost. I am good with computers and even managed to get my Nvidia drivers installed just fine editing and everything. Here is the issue. My sound works perfectly fine, but cannot get the microphone to work unless I go into alsamixer and play with the settings. Kmixer is simply showing settings for a internal audio device. My question is how do I set up my Intel HDA/Chip Set Nvidia MCP77/78 HDMI as the default being loaded. Out of all the distros I have used Opensuse 11.3 was the only one that correctly installed my sound card out of box but I want to figure it out. I am sorry if this is something covered before but most solutions I find starts in the middle and I need someone who is nice enough to take me from beginning to end. Like I said the sound works fine but want to set the Intel as default so I do not have to keep messing the alsamixer settings to use microphone etc. Thank You in advance!

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 12:28 AM GMT ---------- Previous post was 2010-11-10 at 08:20 PM GMT ----------

Can anyone help?

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM GMT ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM GMT ----------

Wow 102 views and not one response.
Old 11th November 2010, 05:22 PM
Skull One Offline

linuxredhatmozilla
Re: Intel HDA Sound Card on Fedora 14

Hello,
I don't really understand your problem, sorry.
Is it : you have two two sound cards, and the default one is not the one you want ?
hum... I don't know...
Did you try 'alsactl store' ?

Tags
card, fedora, hda, intel, sound