Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th December 2010, 07:16 PM
hbaird Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Lost user permission for Open Office. Root is OK

It has worked in the last week or so. Not sure when I ran it last. Now only root can run Open Office. The menu and a quick start Icon both give no response but su can call from the command line. I,user, can't. Seems there was a big OO update in the last several days, this might be the cause.
Any suggestions?
I spoke too soon. Now su will not get it either. I tried su -l and su with no success. Also an Icon for OO quick start has gone away. I have done nothing to provoke any of this.
Help please.

Last edited by hbaird; 8th December 2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Add mor info
Old 9th December 2010, 12:08 PM
cneil Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Lost user permission for Open Office. Root is OK

I have just checked my OOo as I also installed the upgrades, it all works fine so I would think that it is something that has happened on your computer.

You could try going back to the previous version or even uninstalling OOo and re-installing. - sometimes works.

Neil
Old 9th December 2010, 12:13 PM
hbaird Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Solved Re: Lost user permission for Open Office. Root is OK

Thank you for the reply. The problem cured itself. I moved an Icon onto the desktop to find where it referenced. I found all the permissions were as you would expect. When I booted this morning all was well. I suspect something hung on the update and is now cleared.

Tags
lost, office, open, permission, root, user