Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th December 2010, 09:37 PM
tmort Offline

linuxchrome
Replacing Colors in GIMP

This should be easy.

I have an image file that is a graph and it has some text on it. I would like to change the text from black to some other color.

I can see how to select all the black (that is the only thing that is black), but, if I then do a fill it doesn't work.

How do I do the fill?

TIA
Old 9th December 2010, 09:55 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Replacing Colors in GIMP

Hmmmm.

Check to make sure you have converted the image mode into RGB. Then select by color, change your foreground color to what you want, select the bucket fill tool, set the options to "fill whole selection", click anywhere in your selected area, and presto! you're there.

A caveat! Make sure you are working on the correct layer. <....>
Old 9th December 2010, 09:56 PM
twohot Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

You have to be sure the selection marquee/matte defines the areas to be filled and that you are on the right layer. You should try color exchange:

Colors -> Map -> Color Exchange.
You should be able to figure out the rest
Old 9th December 2010, 11:04 PM
tmort Offline

linuxchrome

I get what I want using the color exchange in the color exchange preview window anyways.

The color exchange window is taller than my screen so I can't see if there are any buttons to press to make the change in the preview window go to the actual image. If I just press enter it opens the color exchange picker again and the paint cursor shows up. If I try to click on the bucket cursor while it is in the main GIMP screen (even on the part I want changed) it colors the entire image.

Is there a keyboard command to change the main image to what shows up in the color exchange preview?
Old 10th December 2010, 04:42 AM
twohot Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmort View Post
The colour exchange window is taller than my screen so I can't see if there are any buttons to press to make the change in the preview window go to the actual image. If I just press enter it opens the colour exchange picker again and the paint cursor shows up.
I suspect your screen resolution is wrongly set. Do you have the right graphics driver for that machine? Usually fedora will pick the highest resolution ... so I find it strange that some parts of your UI is off-screen. Yes! ... you should have the help, cancel and OK buttons at the bottom of the Colour Exchange dialogue box

Tags
colors, gimp, replacing