Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th December 2010, 04:55 AM
piopio Offline

windows_vistaie
F14 does not boot after installation.(problem after problem)

ok. where do i start??

LAPTOP:

HP Pavilion DV4-1120US
2.00 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5800 with 2MB L2 Cache
4096MB DDR2 System Memory, 250GB Hard Drive,

I was using originally Fedora 12 updated to F14 two weeks ago.
At first when installing F12 i had trouble with the wireless connection, and flash player. I managed to fix it, then updated to F14 (didn't use a livecd for update used online download from fedora website).
I used it everyday for a week, when suddenly sunday morning i turned on my laptop computer and it did its usual login process of the fedora logo was 85% and it stayed that way for about 20minutes. then i realized it frozed. i managed to get into a virtual terminal and i got this message.

wrong fs type, bad option, bad super block
last message: cant mount root filesystem boot has failed, sleeping forever.

Yes, i believed it crashed!

I don't have a back up for my previous system, since i didn't had anything important in it, i was experimenting with linux. yes, a beginners mistake.

So now, i made a live cd for f14 tried to installed it, and it won't boot! and when it does, i have no wireless connection no flash player, then i turn off my comp then it won't boot after.

I don't know what to do. Or whats going on.

Can anyone tell me what is going on with my laptop and what can i do to fix this?

Tags
boot, f14, installationproblem, problem