Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 6th February 2011, 06:23 PM
mosen Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Sound broken

Hi everybody,

for some reason I cannot play any sounds anymore. It worked fine, but it just stopped working and I have no idea why. Might have been an update, but I'm not sure. I really have no idea what to do, restarting certainlydidn't do anything ;-).

I use Fedora 14 with KDE 4.5.5

In the system settings I can chose "Internal Audio" as Hardware with a couple of different Profiles, of which none work...

Anything I can try?
Old 6th February 2011, 06:26 PM
AndrewSerk Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Sound broken

http://fedoraunity.org/Members/fenri...nd-workarounds

The above link might be worth a read.
Old 6th February 2011, 07:58 PM
mosen Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Tried most of the things, but nothing worked. Is there an option to simply reset pulseaudio to the default. Because it was working fine just a day ago, and I am quite certain I didn't change anything (I just checked the yum history... nothing in there).

No sound sucks. :-(
Old 6th February 2011, 11:25 PM
DBelton Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox

I had a problem with pulseaudio one time when I changed soundcards. What I did was to delete the files that are located in the ~/.pulse folder, then the sound worked like a charm.

the ~/.pulse folder contains the settings for each user. (it's the folder in each user's home folder.. for example.. For the user "Me" it would be located at /home/Me/.pulse)

You can try deleting the items in that folder, and if it still doesn't work, then it's probably a system global default problem you are having. (the global system files are located in /etc/pulse but don't go deleting those. )

Tags
broken, sound