daviddoria Offline

linuxubuntuchrome
Wrong version of repos

When I do 'yum install akmod-nvidia'

it says Error: Package akmod-nvidia....
Requires: akmos
Requires: kmodtool

Why would it not be able to resolve

I think I messed something up with which rpmfusion and which repos I have when installing rpmfusion and 'yum updating'ing to rawhide.

How would I "start over"? Maybe what is happening is a current package came from a repository that is no longer there. Is there a way to say "reinstall all repos that current packages depend on"?

Or what else can I do to install this package? The drivers that shipped were causing my system to lock up every 2 minutes.

Thanks,

David

Last edited by daviddoria; 5th May 2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 5th May 2011, 10:50 PM
jvillain Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Wrong version of repos

First every thing X related seems to be broken in rawhide. This seems to have some thing to do with the wrong version of X being available and none of the supporting packages actually checking the dependencies. I have spent hours and hours manually down grading both my Nvidia and AMD machines. I run the open source drivers and the blobs will be worse. I wouldn't expect them to work for quite a while in Rawhide. Down grading X to F15 or F16 not numbered x.90 should get you running again.

Second Rawhide (currently F16) is strictly development right now and has no updates available at all. If your fedora repos are still enabled and it is looking for fedora F16 repos it won't find them. So if you are running rawhide consider disabling your fedora update repositories. This is really a bug in yum. The whole thing shouldn't crater just because a repository is empty.

If disabling those repositories doesn't work for you, you can always try looking in Koji.

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packages
Old 5th May 2011, 10:56 PM
daviddoria Offline

macossafari

Is there a way to "uninstall" rawhide. I had enabled it and then 'yum update'. Is there a reverse of this? I didn't want it, I just didn't know how else to fix the bug/problem that was causing my system to freeze every 2 minutes.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:14 PM
leigh123linux Offline
Retired Administrator

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddoria View Post
Is there a way to "uninstall" rawhide. I had enabled it and then 'yum update'. Is there a reverse of this? I didn't want it, I just didn't know how else to fix the bug/problem that was causing my system to freeze every 2 minutes.
Try
Code:
yum --releasever=15 distribution-synchronization

Tags
repos, version, wrong