Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th July 2011, 11:59 PM
dancer69 Offline

linuxfirefox
pinnacle usb stick em28xx driver installed but fail to load

hello,
I'm new to fedora and I'm trying to make my tv card work.
By using this guide:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Ho...Device_Drivers
I've successfully built and load the driver several times in different linux installations(ubuntu, mint) and kernels, but in fedora I cannot.
In fact I can build and install the nessesary modules following the above guide, but after reboot nothing change.
I tried to manually load em28xx by
sudo modprobe em28xx and I get this output:
Code:
WARNING: Error inserting media (/lib/modules/2.6.38.8-32.fc15.x86_64/kernel/drivers/linux/drivers/media/media.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
WARNING: Error inserting videodev (/lib/modules/2.6.38.8-32.fc15.x86_64/kernel/drivers/media/video/videodev.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
WARNING: Error inserting v4l2_common (/lib/modules/2.6.38.8-32.fc15.x86_64/kernel/drivers/media/video/v4l2-common.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error inserting em28xx (/lib/modules/2.6.38.8-32.fc15.x86_64/kernel/drivers/media/video/em28xx/em28xx.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
I use 2.6.38 kernel in Ubuntu too and I haven't this problem
Please help me to fix this.
Thanks.
Old 6th July 2011, 09:27 PM
dancer69 Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: pinnacle usb stick em28xx driver installed but fail to load

I suppose that no one have a solution so far.
The other option I have is to install the kernel 3.0(from this version the driver for my card have builtin support). I tried install the rpm packages from here:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/p...fo?packageID=8
but I get some conflicts with the 2.6.38 installed kernel.
So can at least someone guide me on how to install the kernel, and a pached ati driver(because I think that it's needed)??

Tags
driver, em28xx, fail, installed, load, pinnacle, stick, usb