Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th July 2011, 03:31 AM
FiniteMight Offline

linuxfirefox
Unhappy Dell E1505 Wireless shortcut (Fn+F2) problems.

Hey all. I just recently switched from ubuntu, and I have to say that this has been a heck of a trying experience for me. Whenever I press the shorcut combination "Fn+F2" on my keyboard, the wireless light does not come on. I usually have to boot into Windows Vista, turn on the wireless there, and then reboot back into Fedora.

When I hit "Fn+F2" combination, the light and the wireless goes off, but when I hit it again, it does not come back on.

Also, the eject command "Fn+F10" seems to be ignored.

Please help! I am seriously thinking about just going back to Ubuntu, but I heard a lot of great things about this, so I am willing to give it some more time.

Dell E1505
HDD: 500gb
Two partitions: Windows Vista and Fedora 15
updated everything through command line once I installed Fedora 15 for the first time.
Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
2GB of RAM

Tags
dell, e1505, problems, shortcut, wireless

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On