Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th August 2011, 07:11 AM
flebber Offline

windows_xp_2003chrome
Install Wireless Drivers without Internet

I found the guide here http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=239922 for how to install broadcom drivers.

Is there a way to do these installs without a wired internet connection. I am wanting to an install from usb.

From lspci my broadcom is BCM57780.

Edit in looking for solutions, I note pre f15 release refer to system -> administration -> devices. I cannot see this in f15.
Double edit: Tried to use Ceni as a temporary fix to get up and running but isn't installed by default.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Would i be able to put the driver neeeded on the USB drive and then use yum(or other package) to install the package in from USB?

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Following that guide but using the f15 files solved my problem and now is all working fine.

Last edited by flebber; 17th August 2011 at 05:47 AM.

Tags
drivers, install, internet, wireless

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules