Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th November 2011, 04:08 PM
koperry Offline

linuxchrome
Gstreamer element ffmpegcolorspace

I have a fresh install, 64bit, fedora 16. I've been using Fedora since FC5 and for the most part have had very good luck, actually use it everyday for work.

I finished up the install yesterday, added the usual repos, adobe, rpmfusion, livna. I will then go to youtube to check flash ability, play some mp3's, then .avi and that is where I'm getting the error message. It will play the avi in Totem but I have to click the error message telling me that I'm missing Gstreamer element ffmpegcolorspace but is unable to find or install it before the video starts.

I did install VLC and it seems to play the file with no problem, only other problem is sound preview in Nautilus, I can normally mouse over a sound file and it will play, now nothing. I do have sox, mpg321, vorbis-tools installed.

I usually install 32bit but after the release of 64bit flash-plugin I decide to go with the 64bit.

Any hints or help?

Thanks in advance.

Tags
element, ffmpegcolorspace, gstreamer