Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th November 2011, 11:29 PM
davidc60 Offline

windows_7ie
Problems with the konsole and the repo cache

Hi, I have just installed Fedora 16 KDE and have also installed several programs via the 'konsole'. I had no previous experience of this and I have mistakenly run the following command without really knowing what I was doing!:
sudo yum --enablerepo=fedora clean metadata
This led to the following action:
Cleaning repos: adobe-linux-i386 fedora google-chrome livna rpmfusion-free rpmfusion-free-updates rpmfusion-nonfree
: rpmfusion-nonfree-updates updates
47 metadata files removed
15 sqlite files removed
0 metadata files removed

No doubt it will be no surprise to many that it has resulted in an 'error' as follows: Error: Cannot retrieve metalink for repository: fedora. Please verify its path and try again.
I don't really understand how this actually works so can anyone please enlighten me in the simplest possible terms as to whether I can fix this and get the konsole working again? Is there a command line I can use to restore the apparently missing metalink?
Many thanks, david c (new to Fedora)

Last edited by davidc60; 14th November 2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: re-assessment of the problem

Tags
cache, konsole, problems, repo