Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th December 2011, 03:34 PM
ndarkduck Offline

linuxfirefox
Unhappy Wireless not comming up until suspend/restore or ethernet calbe pluged

Hi I would liked to put on the title HELP HELP but I thought that would not be as descirpive as needed by a forum. Well to the subject.
I got to nics: one wireless and one cable one.
Code:
lspci | egrep -i "eth|Broad"
03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications AR8152 v1.1 Fast Ethernet (rev c1)
I upgraded from Fedora 14 -> 15 -> 16
I like a lot the new gnome, but I'm getting new problems I have not found before. I spend a lot of hours on this one, so I decided to post here: rfkill switch is not the problem, I tried the intel_iommu=off switch on boot, I compiled the lastest drivers witch are the same as the ones distributed via rpmfusion broadcom-wl, i tried restarting NetworkManager service, and for last I tried to find the pattern in order to get help from the community, and get directions at least where to file the bug.

So:
If I plug the ethernet cable on the nick and issue a init 6 (restart) when system gets into gnome the cable is detected, so wireless too.
If I change the runlevel to 2, and then back into 5 wireless cant work anymore
If I'm on runlevel 5 and suspend and restore again wireless works again.
iwlist eth1 scan wont work if NetworkManager does not.

Any ideas? I know userland is far away from this....

Tags
broadcom, calbe, comming, ethernet, gnome3, pluged, suspend and restore, suspend or restore, wireless