Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th December 2011, 08:23 AM
Tanson Offline

windows_xp_2003ie
Fedora15/16 install with error system time cause Gnome can not startup

I install Fedora15/16 on my Huron river platform for more than 50 times.
When the system start up, Gnome can not start up normally.
The .xsession-error as follow:
(gnome-settings-daemon:1743): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to get edid: unable to get EDID for output
GnomeDesktop:ERROR:gnome-bg.c:1618:get_current_slide: code should not be reached
[1262359257,000,xklavier.c:xkl_engine_start_listen/] The backend does not require manual layout management - but it is provided by the application
Window manager warning: 0 stored in GConf key /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/cursor_size is out of range 1 to 128
Initializing tracker-store...
Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/tanson/.config/tracker/tracker-store.cfg'
Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/tanson/.config/tracker/tracker-store.cfg'
Starting log:
File:'/home/tanson/.local/share/tracker/tracker-store.log'
Initializing tracker-miner-fs...
Tracker-Message: Setting up monitor for changes to config file:'/home/tanson/.config/tracker/tracker-miner-fs.cfg'
Starting log:
File:'/home/tanson/.local/share/tracker/tracker-miner-fs.log'
gnome-session[1595]: WARNING: Application 'gnome-settings-daemon.desktop' killed by signal
Failed to play sound: File or data not found

(gnome-settings-daemon:1866): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to get edid: unable to get EDID for output
GnomeDesktop:ERROR:gnome-bg.c:1618:get_current_slide: code should not be reached
[1262359259,000,xklavier.c:xkl_engine_start_listen/] The backend does not require manual layout management - but it is provided by the application
JS LOG: GNOME Shell started at Fri Jan 01 2010 10:20:59 GMT-0500 (EST)
gnome-session[1595]: WARNING: App 'gnome-settings-daemon.desktop' respawning too quickly
gnome-session[1595]: WARNING: Application 'gnome-settings-daemon.desktop' killed by signal
Window manager warning: CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus window may not be correct.
Window manager warning: Got a request to focus the no_focus_window with a timestamp of 0. This shouldn't happen!

(gnome-control-center:1921): GnomeDesktop-CRITICAL **: gnome_rr_mode_get_id: assertion `mode != NULL' failed

(gnome-control-center:1921): GnomeDesktop-CRITICAL **: gnome_rr_mode_get_width: assertion `mode != NULL' failed

(gnome-control-center:1921): GnomeDesktop-CRITICAL **: gnome_rr_mode_get_height: assertion `mode != NULL' failed

(gnome-control-center:1921): GnomeDesktop-CRITICAL **: gnome_rr_mode_get_freq: assertion `mode != NULL' failed
(null) get context on /home/tanson/.config/monitors.xml.TQBQ5U failed: 'No such file or directory'
Window manager warning: CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus window may not be correct.
Window manager warning: Got a request to focus the no_focus_window with a timestamp of 0. This shouldn't happen!
** (deja-dup-monitor:1804): DEBUG: monitor.vala:221: Automatic backups disabled. Not scheduling a backup.
** (deja-dup-monitor:1804): DEBUG: monitor.vala:221: Automatic backups disabled. Not scheduling a backup.
gnome-session[1595]: WARNING: Detected that screensaver has left the bus

solution:
change the system time to the current time in BIOS, and Gnome can start up Ok.
The system time defaut value is 2010/1/1

could some body tell me why?
Old 9th December 2011, 12:08 AM
AdamW Offline
Fedora QA Community Monkey

linuxfirefox
Re: Fedora15/16 install with error system time cause Gnome can not startup

If I had to guess, I'd say https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=748920 , but that happens quite early in boot. Is it really *GNOME* that fails to start up - everything else runs OK?
http://www.happyassassin.net
Old 9th December 2011, 01:24 AM
Tanson Offline

windows_xp_2003ie
Re: Fedora15/16 install with error system time cause Gnome can not startup

When I first boot, Fedora15/16 can not start up Gnome. I can use console normally, and I can use KDE normally too.
I still have the same issue with this.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=748920

Tags
error, fedora15 or 16, gnome, install, startup, time