Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th December 2011, 12:40 AM
Tim1969 Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
How to display image on gnome root display? (Photoframe)

Hello,

I want to setup photoframe-app and currently deal with script controlling xloadimage 4.1 on fedora13 (2.6.34.6-54) with Gnome 2.30.0. For a pictureframe app fullscreen display (without frame) is a must, so I used the -onroot option. xloadimage seems to operate well, but i get no picture (normal GUI and consoles continues). Maybe I can get short hints to few questions:

1) I read some very old threads here that GNOME does not support access to root display. Is this still the case and maybe the reason for having no picture visible in -onroot option?

2) Any other app/image tool (script controllable) you can suggest to get fullscreen pics (no frame visible) on Gnome@fedora displayed.

3) other setups needed mandatory like f13 console boot only, creating on/new display and use this, etc.

4) any up to date photoframe-apps/projects known (I found only old/obsolete ones).

Regards
Tim

Tags
display, gnome, image, photoframe, root

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search