Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th January 2012, 05:35 AM
gregscott Offline

windows_7ie
Re: F16 startup breaks certain commands in rc.local

After I made my first script changes and then looked at my boot.log, I was shocked that the output from my changes didn't show up. But then looking at the date, I realized it was 2 days old. There were no variants of boot.log with older dates or sequence numbers.

So I renamed it and booted again and this time got a current and helpful boot.log. But then after some more tinkering with my script, renaming boot.log again, and rebooting, the new boot.log was 0 bytes. The next reboot after that, boot.log was fine.

Go figure.

- Greg

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

re: Vallimar -

> I've mentioned this in the past, but try using the script-launching facilities built into NM.

I always disable NetworkManager in my firewalls and just chkconfig level 345 network on. Simple is good. F16 turns my now obsolete chkconfig into the right systemd command and one day I'll get the new sytemd stuff in my head. I don't think systemd is going a way anytime soon.

Tags
breaks, commands, f16, rclocal, startup