Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th January 2012, 05:58 AM
undoIT Offline

linuxfirefox
How to select KDM or GDM login screen

Just finished installing Fedora 16 on my Thinkpad T420s with UEFI boot. Absolutely love it! Keeps getting better and better with every release, except for one small thing :P

I prefer to use KDE primarily. In order to install UEFI I had to use the network install. I selected KDE during installation. After installation was complete, I installed Gnome Desktop because I like having both enviroments available. After installing Gnome Desktop, the login window is changed. This is not an issue when using the KDE spin install (but there is no way I know of to install the KDE spin with UEFI boot).

I'd rather have the KDM login window but I can't find any way to switch back. So, two questions:

1. Is it possible to select the KDM login screen instead of GDM login screen?
2. If not, is it possible to have the user already selected in the GDM login window so I don't have to hit Enter and then my password everytime I login?

Eliminating every little unnecessary click is desireable. If my computer has a single user account, it is silly to have to select the user every time.

Last edited by undoIT; 12th January 2012 at 06:02 AM.
Old 12th January 2012, 06:40 AM
ozjd Offline

linuxchrome
Re: How to select KDM or GDM login screen

In /etc/sysconfig/desktop (which probably will need to be created) add the line
Code:
DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KDE for more details
Old 12th January 2012, 07:39 AM
undoIT Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: How to select KDM or GDM login screen