Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th February 2012, 04:57 PM
GregLee Offline

linuxfirefox
How to tell yum to install headers?

Is there an easy way to get yum, or whatever installer I use, to install header files and whatever other files I would need to compile against any libraries I install? The last time I installed Fedora, I must have made a mistake about this, because getting the files I needed for development, or simply compiling software by hand, caused me a lot of trouble. I would often have to go looking for header files, because they hadn't been installed by default, and it was such a pain that eventually I just stopped using rpm or yum at all.

I'm about to do a new install of Fedora 16, and I'm hoping to find a better way, this time around.

Tags
headers, install, yum

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On