Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 6th February 2012, 10:15 AM
cgostner Offline

macosfirefox
ldap login: fc16 - Gnome kicks the user out

I successfully configured Fedora 16 to authenticate my LDAP users (it works if I login locally and then su to root and then su - ldapuser).
At least on the console, I have no problems.
But!
When I log in and try to start an application (as a LDAP user), GDM/Gnome Shell crashes.
Code:
Oh no! Something has gone wrong.
Log Out
Sometimes the message appears immediately after the authentication process finished.

Using a local user account GDM & Gnome Shell works normal.

The presented error message seems to be useless. It doesn't tell what went wrong.
In the log files, there is no information to.

Any ideas?

P.S.
The home directory of the local user is in /home/<local user>.
The home directory of the LDAP user is in /Network/Servers/.../Users/<LDAP user> (The home direcotry is created automatically).

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Ah, it seems that during the whole processes there is no write activity in the LDAP user's home directory.
So there is no .xession-errors in the home directory.

Tags
fc16, gnome, kicks, ldap, login, user