Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th February 2012, 07:38 AM
nonamedotc Offline
Community Manager

linuxfirefox
Re: system level application

Again - What's your question here?

Since you say you are new, let me point out a few items.
  1. http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
  2. http://forums.fedoraforum.org/faq.ph...aq_fedora_help
Old 12th February 2012, 08:09 AM
Chilly Willy Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
...i have been given fedora as my OS and have to give a presentation on it...
This sounds like a "SCHOOL PROJECT" to me & as such, you need to do your "HOMEWORK" (aka - "study / research", as I already suggested)

Please note: if this truly IS for school, no-one here is going to do your homework FOR you. This forum (& many others) frowns upon anyone even asking them to do so, so you might as well bite the bullet & "crack the books". THEN you can ask the RIGHT questions & we can help with what you don't fully understand (& will gladly do so), but you have to do your part, FIRST!

Also, may I suggest reading some of the threads here that may be of what you don't fully understand & are similar in subject matter to what you are trying to do. Maybe that will get you started so you can get enough insight on this to know what to further look for.

By its very nature, Windows is a PANE!

Last edited by Chilly Willy; 12th February 2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12th February 2012, 04:02 PM
jpollard Online

linuxfedorafirefox

The the suggested reading should cover most things well.

After that the only special fedora features are the RPM software packaging system, and the list of pre-built packages. Though, come to think of it, systemd subsystem is fairly unique, with unique bugs.

Nearly all linux distributions are equivalent for a general introduction.

Fedoras main claim to infamy is being one of the more cutting edge distributions, a very short support lifetime, and as the testing phase for packages selected for Red Hat Enterprise distributions and its derivatives (CentOS, Scientific Linux, and a few others).

Tags
application, level