Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th February 2012, 01:37 PM
heethen Offline

linuxchrome
Custom spin rc.local startup problem

Hello,
I'm making my own customized Fedora livecd (as a part of my dissertation) using livecd-tools. I've managed to get a quite a bit of work done, but now I'm stuck. I've copied a script called iptables.sh on the livecd like this (code from the kickstart file):

Code:
%post --nochroot
cp /home/heethen/iptables.sh $INSTALL_ROOT/usr/sbin/iptables.sh
%end
That works fine, the file is copied. But I need to execute this script everytime the livecd boots. So I've created the rc.local file using the kickstart:

Code:
cat >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local << FOE
#!/bin/sh

/usr/sbin/iptables.sh

exit 0
FOE

chmod +x /etc/rc.d/rc.local
chmod +x /usr/sbin/iptables.sh
The rc.local is sucessfully created, but it isn't being run on startup. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please tell me if any further information needs to be provided. Thank you.

P.S.I've even tried to create systemd service file /etc/systemd/system/iptabservice.service that executes my script ExecStart=/usr/sbin/iptables.sh - to no avail.)

Tags
custom, problem, rc.local, rclocal, spin, startup, systemd